I love pancakes! I used to make big fat fluffy ones quite regularly for breakfast while we were without child but these days such spontaneity happens only very occasionally Which is why pancake day was a great excuse to make that bit of extra effort and cook up some pancakes for breakfast.
|My perfect lemon and sugar topping|
In actual fact, pancakes are rather an easy thing to make, it just takes a little preparation and you're there. And the good thing about them is that they are a really simple base that each person can add their own touch too. My personal favorite is the simple lemon and sugar combination, Neil likes maple syrup and for Nye I add some grated apple and cinnamon while they are cooking in the pan.
Here's the recipe I used, and it worked a treat.
Ingredients: makes 6 medium size pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 100ml whole milk
- First I used a hand mixer to beat the eggs until thick (you can use a whisk it just takes longer)
- Then add the plain flour and milk gradually. I add 1/4 of each alternating between flour and milk.
- Once combined the mixture should be quite loose so that you can easily spread it thin in the frying pan. If it's still a bit thick add a little more milk until you're happy with the consistency.
- Leave the mixture to stand while you heat up a large non stick pan with some olive oil
- Add one ladle full of mixture to the hot pan and as soon as the mixtures in, rotate the pan to get a good thin layer over the base.
- After a minute or two flip the pancake over and once cooked leave it to the side and repeat until the mixture is finished.
For Nye I cut the pancake into strips, and he was gobbling them up before Neil and I had even had a chance to sit down with ours.
This post is brought to you as part of my role as a Center Parcs Family Blogger, where we are bringing you monthly posts all set around a theme. Don't forget, you can be in with a chance of winning a short break at Center Parcs for you and your family. All you have to do is create your own unique pancakes and take pics of the result – don’t forget to share your wonderful recipes, unless it’s a family secret, of course!
Then, just send a tweet including the hashtag #CPFamilyBreaks to @tots100 and @CenterParcsUK, linking to your blog post. This month’s challenge closes at 4pm on 22nd February.
Please find the full terms and conditions for the challenge here and do make sure to be careful with certain ingredients if you are prone to allergies.
Thanks to all the bloggers who took part in our January challenge to create a home spa experience – you can see a Pinterest board of all the entries here.