Shabby Blog

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Make your own font - Font2go

My beloved Pinterest has informed me on numerous occasions that it is possible to make your own fonts.  I don't know about you but I waste hours of my life drooling over beautiful fonts and no matter how many I download I always seem to need more.  So, one of my things I thought I would like to accomplish this year was starting to make my own fonts.

Doing this is still something I haven't had a chance to get round to, but when I saw this post by Holly about font making Apps I had to have a go.  Naturally iFontMaker which Holly talks about in her blog post is only available in the apple store but thankfully I was able to find an android version called Font2go.


The basic version of Font2go is free and lets you create your own font in lowercase letters but you can only save one font.  I initially did this but decided to pay extra for the upgrade which allows you to do all the characters and symbols you need for a full font and create as many as you like.  I think I paid £1.89 which was a lot for me because I pretty much never buy apps for my phone.  But in this instance I was chomping at the bit to have a play around so I think the very reasonable fee was worth it.

It has taken me a while to realise how to transport this from my phone to my computer but now I know it is easy peasy.  All you have to do is press the button in the top right corner which completes the font.  You can then press email, and the full document will be sent to your email ready to download. Simples.



So if you like it, you can use it too.  The dowload is available here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Search This Blog