Shabby Blog

Thursday 28 March 2013

Chocolate Orange Fudge Sauce

This months Center Parcs Challenge was inspired by Easter and encouraged us to make some sweet treats.  I often make cakes but haven't made confectionery for ages so this was just the excuse I needed to head out, to get the ingredients, to make some yummy fudge. Or so I thought..!

However, I must admit that it went down hill from there as I couldn't decided on a recipe.  I did eventually pick one but even as I was reading it, it didn't sound quite right.  And my prediction was confirmed the next morning when I found the unset fudge mixture sitting in the fridge.



So it was farewell to chocolate orange fudge but HELLO to hot chocolate orange fudge sauce which I can tell you was truly delicious over ice cream.  To be exceptionally decadent I actually decided to have mine in the bath.


Here's the recipe which is really simple.

You will need:
  • 250g chocolate (I used dark but you could use milk if you prefer)
  • 397g tin of condensed milk
  • 1 tsp orange zest
Recipe:
  • Pour the tin of condensed milk into a microwavable  bowl.
  • Break up the chocolate and add to condensed milk.
  • Microwave gently until everything has melted (be careful not to burn).
  • Mix util chocolate and condensed milk has combined.
  • Add orange zest and stir.
  • Reheat as required.



I am writing this post as part of my role as Center Parcs Family Blogger. To be in with the chance to become one yourself and win a short break to a Center Parcs Village of your choice, share your chocolate innovations! Show us your pictures and recipes, and tweet us including the hashtag #CPFamilyBreaks and your blog link to @tots100 and @CenterParcsUK. The challenge ends at 4pm on the 29th March.  

Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh you are already a Center Parcs Family Blogger - thanks for the reminder. That sauce looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Search This Blog