However, I must admit that it went down hill from there as I couldn't decided on a recipe. I did eventually pick one but even as I was reading it, it didn't sound quite right. And my prediction was confirmed the next morning when I found the unset fudge mixture sitting in the fridge.
So it was farewell to chocolate orange fudge but HELLO to hot chocolate orange fudge sauce which I can tell you was truly delicious over ice cream. To be exceptionally decadent I actually decided to have mine in the bath.
Here's the recipe which is really simple.
You will need:
- 250g chocolate (I used dark but you could use milk if you prefer)
- 397g tin of condensed milk
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Pour the tin of condensed milk into a microwavable bowl.
- Break up the chocolate and add to condensed milk.
- Microwave gently until everything has melted (be careful not to burn).
- Mix util chocolate and condensed milk has combined.
- Add orange zest and stir.
- Reheat as required.
I am writing this post as part of my role as Center Parcs Family Blogger. To be in with the chance to become one yourself and win a short break to a Center Parcs Village of your choice, share your chocolate innovations! Show us your pictures and recipes, and tweet us including the hashtag #CPFamilyBreaks and your blog link to @tots100 and @CenterParcsUK. The challenge ends at 4pm on the 29th March.