Shabby Blog

Sunday 22 July 2012

Creative Sunday

Oh there are so many good ideas out there of the little things that make a house feel like a home.  I made a map cupboard for Nye's room, for storing his blankets and bed linen a while ago, but I've seen so many clever ideas and uses for maps recently.

It's going to be a long few days here as my husband just left this morning for the last of his teacher training.  Last year when he went I was in the depths of pregnancy morning sickness and working in a corporate hell hole.  Now I'm free and easy at home with a beautiful son to look after.  Frankly a 6 month old is easier and better company than a gaggle of office junkies!

I'm going to try and tackle some house DIY while Neil is away which is made much easier by the fact he stayed up till 1am so the house was tidy when he left. Love you my darling husband!

Here's just a few DIY map projects that I love!

Love where you live - County, Borough, Country.

Map Pinwheels for the perfect party
Love this lamp shade and it's associated cockerel
Can extra large letters ever be overdone!?
map lampshade!

I think I might try and make a DIY lampshade this week.  There are so many amazing ideas out there, now I just have to get to it.  Although I am always a little worried about whether doing something like that is a slight fire risk... Anyone any ideas for not setting the house alight?

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Search This Blog