So, in a fit of enthusiasm I headed to the kitchen to prepare quiche for our lunch. Here's the concoction I came across in the fridge which made it's way in to the mix.
So first for the crust: (Taken from here)
- 125g/4oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 55g salted butter, cubed
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- Put the flour and salt in a large bowl and add the cubed butter.
- Rub the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that resembles breadcrumbs with no large lumps of butter remaining.
- Using a knife, stir in the cold water until the mixtures comes together as dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 10-15 minutes before using. (I didn't bother but you know if you have the time!)
- Once ready roll out thinly into your chosen quiche dish and blind bake for 10minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large or 2 small red onions thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove finely diced
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 3 broccoli florets sliced
- 3 pork sausages skinned
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml of milk
- A large handful of cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbs of plain flour
2. Add the skinned sausages to the empty pan and break up into small pieces as it cooks until browned
3. Whisk the milk and eggs together and add salt and pepper to season
4. Next add the grated cheddar, flour and cooked ingredients to the milk and egg mixture.
5. Once mixed add to the blind baked pastry case and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 35minutes or until golder brown.