Shabby Blog

Friday 15 July 2011

12 week scan excitement


So here we have our 12 week scans, it did take quite a while but I was so glad I decided to go to Kings.  I've never been there before and found it to be a really nice environment, it seemed to smell of lavender rather than hospital. Lovely!

It was a really wonderful feeling, seeing the baby there, knowing it was safe.  It was like nothing I have ever felt before, a huge amount of importance weighed down on me, like this was one of the most important things in the world to be carrying such a tiny little thing. And it really is tiny, we found out afterwards its just 5.6cm in length.  We also had it confirmed that our risk of the baby having any abnormalities is 1 in thousands and thousands.

As soon as I saw the baby on the screen I got the feeling it was a boy.  I don't really have any tangible reason why other than 'he' was very lazy and wouldn't move for the doctors.  Before I was pregnant I always imagined having a girl but the more I think about it I will be pleased and so excited either way.

We love you baby and we can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Search This Blog